Foreign Direct Investment: Extra Energy for Economic Expansion (E4)
28th and 29th of March 2018, MECC Maastricht – The Netherlands
Programme: Program FDI E4 2018
Price: € 299,– for 2 day’s excl. VAT including lunch
Price for one day: € 179,40,– for 1 day
Who should participate
This international conference informs and inspires ambitious professionals in international business development and trade and investment promotion. This conference is not to be missed by any professional, who wants to valorise the economic recovery and new sectoral and technological developments.
Why you should participate
The conference connects delegates with multinational corporations with expansion and investment plans*. In addition, government agencies, such as Investment Promotion Agencies, Cities and Science Parks will have ample opportunity to speak with potential foreign investors.
This international conference will bring together:
- Private sector representatives of multinational corporations
- Companies with expansion plans in foreign markets
- Representatives from cities, interested in Smart City developments
- Representatives from Science Parks, interested in best-in-class practices
- Investment Promotion Agencies (IPA’s) and Economic Development Organizations
*) Meet multinationals with expansion plans
During the conference, delegations will participate in the matchmaking program. These representative of multinational enterprises are interested in new business partners and investment opportunities in Europe.
People’s Republic of China Japan Germany
Belgium France Romania
Link for the programme: Program FDI E4 2018
The programme consists of:
-Matchmaking sessions between Chinese, US and European companies
-Presentations by world leading speakers about trends, which have an impact on trade and foreign direct investment in Europe. Themes as Smart Cities, Science Park development, and disruptive innovations in some industrial sectors, such as the automotive and life sciences, will be elaborated upon by experts.
The focus will be on the following topics:
- Corporate Investment Drivers, Trends, Challenges and the Future of International Business in Europe
- Changes in the tax landscape for multinationals in the EU
- The Development of Smart Cities and Science Parks in Europe
- Opportunities of China’s One Belt One Road project** for European countries
- Best practises on Corporate Site Selection in Europe
- Optimizing your (digital) marketing communication mix to attract foreign investors to European regions and cities
**) Keynote: The impact of China’s One Belt One Road-project
Presentation by the Chairman of the One Belt One Road Culture and Trade Promotion Association, Mr. Li Qi who will be a leader of an incoming mission from China
Since its introduction by Chinese President Xi Jinping in 2013, the “One belt, One road” initiative has attracted considerable attention. It is an ambitious plan to revitalize the ancient Silk Road overland and maritime trade routes linking East and West. The project, which involves more than 60 countries and quite a few international organizations, implies unprecedented opportunities and challenges.
Mr Li Qi will address these questions in his keynote speech:
1. What does this One Belt One Road-project mean for Europe, for international trade and investment?
2. How could European countries and cities utilize this immense project for attracting more trade and investment?
3. What does the One Belt One Road-project mean for logistics centers in North-Western Europe and their Gateways, such as Rotterdam, Antwerp and Hamburg?
4. Will it have an impact on their competitiveness compared with ports in Central and Southern Europe?